PDA

View Full Version : Uniform and washing allowance for group d

BANSAL
20-01-2010, 08:07 PM
As per 6 cpc group D employees are place in group C. Please clarify whether they are entitled for washing and uniform allowance ALONGWITH UNIFORM.

Whether they are entitiled for contribution of CGGEIS/UTGEIS@ Rs.30 p.m as group C employees.

tvenkatam
20-01-2010, 09:37 PM
As per 6 cpc group D employees are place in group C. Please clarify whether they are entitled for washing and uniform allowance ALONGWITH UNIFORM.

Whether they are entitiled for contribution of CGGEIS/UTGEIS@ Rs.30 p.m as group C employees.

Dear Mr. Bansal,

All common categories of Group C and D employees who have been supplied with uniforms are eligible for grant of Washing Allowance vide DoPT order dated 11.09.2008.

As a first step, each office will place all Group D employees in PB-1 after retraining. Classification of these employees as Group C will take effect only after an order is issued by the Head of Department modifying the class of the post which the employee holds. Only then the contribution to CGEGIS will be corresponding to the class of the post from the subsequent anniversary of the Scheme i.e. 1st January.

prasannakumar
21-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Dear Mr. Bansal,

All common categories of Group C and D employees who have been supplied with uniforms are eligible for grant of Washing Allowance vide DoPT order dated 11.09.2008.

As a first step, each office will place all Group D employees in PB-1 after retraining. Classification of these employees as Group C will take effect only after an order is issued by the Head of Department modifying the class of the post which the employee holds. Only then the contribution to CGEGIS will be corresponding to the class of the post from the subsequent anniversary of the Scheme i.e. 1st January.

I agree with Bansalji because, drivers are classified under group "C" and as they are supplied with uniforms they are also eligilble for washing allowance