PDA

View Full Version : MACPS clarification i/r/o erstwhile Group 'D' employees

shivprasadpisces
07-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi, This is Shiv and I work in the administrative department of the ministry of defence. I have a doubt for which I require expert guidance. Erstwhile Group 'D' employees who were eligible for ACP between 01/01/06 to 31/08/08 have been granted ACP with the promotional increment. However, Grade pay in respect of such individuals has been granted as Rs. 1800. Consequent to the implementation of MACPS, will any option from these individuals who were granted ACP in the old revised scale be sought and will these individuals be granted MACPS in the new scheme? Request clarify.

svsankar
07-01-2010, 08:24 PM
As per provisions contained in para 6 of annexure to macp orders it can be construed that the individual shall be granted the grade pay of the next higher post on the date on which he was granted acp after 01-01-2006 upto 31-8-2008. for example if he is a labour with 1800 gp and the next promotion is to some examiner he should be granted 2000 grade pay in my opinion. however a clear clarification from dopt will resolve the doubts.

tvenkatam
08-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Hi, This is Shiv and I work in the administrative department of the ministry of defence. I have a doubt for which I require expert guidance. Erstwhile Group 'D' employees who were eligible for ACP between 01/01/06 to 31/08/08 have been granted ACP with the promotional increment. However, Grade pay in respect of such individuals has been granted as Rs. 1800. Consequent to the implementation of MACPS, will any option from these individuals who were granted ACP in the old revised scale be sought and will these individuals be granted MACPS in the new scheme? Request clarify.

Dear friend,

All group D employees drawing a grade pay less than 1800 after fixation of pay in the revised pay structure as on 01.01.2006 , shall be placed on retraining in PB-1 with grade pay of 1800 as on 01.01.2006. All those who already draw 1800 or more grade pay on 01.01.2006 by grant of ACP/promotion would have had their pay fixed in the revised pay structure in PB-1.

On placement of all Group D employees in PB-1, they should be deemed to have been appointed in the grade pay of 1800 since the first day of their regular service. Upgradations/promotions already earned as on 31.08.2008 up to the grade pay of 1800 shall be ignored. On the basis of this assumption, as on 31.08.2008, each one of the Group D employee now in PB-1 will have to be assessed for his/her eligibility of upgradation under MACP Scheme. Those employees in GP of 1800 as on 31.08.2008 and completing 10, 20, 30 years of service shall be granted the grade pay of 1900, 2000 and 2400 respectively on MACP upgradation. Those employees already in GP 1900 (as on 31.08.2008) will be placed in GP of 2000 and 2400 on completion of 20 years and 30 years of service respectively. Similarly those in GP of 2000 will be eligible for one more upgradation to 2400 and those already in 2400 (?) will not be elegible for any further upgradation under MACPS.

svsankar
08-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Dear Shiv,
A clarification in this regard is available in MOF DOE OM No.F.1/1/2008-IC Dated:24-12-2008.S.No.3, please peruse.
regards
svsankar.

R K Rao
09-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Dear friend,

All those who already draw 1800 or more grade pay on 01.01.2006 by grant of ACP/promotion would have had their pay fixed in the revised pay structure in PB-1.

Sir,

A Group D employee is already drawing Rs. 1800/- from a date prior to 1.1.06. He is due for retirement next year. It was considered by the dealing office/staff that no re-training at this stage is required. Whereas the HQ for my department has clearly instructed not to place anybody in Rs. 1800/- grade pay unless he is retrained.

What should be done (He is not showing interest in getting retrained. Will his pay has to be brought to grade pay less than Rs. 1800/-)?

The second query is - another lady employee is drawing Rs. 1600/- grade pay and while all other Gp D employees have passed the retraining test and placed in Rs. 1800/-, this lady failed and she can not pass because she can not understand the numericals and alphabets. Therefore, re-training her is ruled out. The order says arrears should not be paid unless the test is passed. So how do we go about it?

Rgds

RKR

svsankar
09-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Dear Mr Rao,
If an individual has been placed in 1800 gp with effect from 01-01-2006 by his virtue of his being the scale of 2750-4400 even by ACP. Then he need not be retrained as he is already in Group C category as per revised grouping of posts. You might have some employees who have already been promoted to group C prior to 01-01-2006 without the basic qualifications in Industrial categories. They are also not trained. Group D means upto 2650-4000 pre revised scale.
As regards the lady you cannot deny placement in PB-1. I don't think a test of pass is required in the training programme. She has to be trained appropriately to be placed in PB-1 within 6 months. It can be said that the training programme has failed and not the lady. Please reorganise the training programme to be given to the lady and place her immediately in PB-1.
regards,
svsankar

tvenkatam
09-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Sir,

A Group D employee is already drawing Rs. 1800/- from a date prior to 1.1.06. He is due for retirement next year. It was considered by the dealing office/staff that no re-training at this stage is required. Whereas the HQ for my department has clearly instructed not to place anybody in Rs. 1800/- grade pay unless he is retrained.

What should be done (He is not showing interest in getting retrained. Will his pay has to be brought to grade pay less than Rs. 1800/-)?

The second query is - another lady employee is drawing Rs. 1600/- grade pay and while all other Gp D employees have passed the retraining test and placed in Rs. 1800/-, this lady failed and she can not pass because she can not understand the numericals and alphabets. Therefore, re-training her is ruled out. The order says arrears should not be paid unless the test is passed. So how do we go about it?

Rgds

RKR

Dear Friend,

Vide O.M. dated 24.12.2008, all existing Group D employees are required to be upgraded to the pre-revised Group C Scale of 2750-4400 corresponding to the grade pay of 1800 in PB-1 (5200-20200) in the manner prescribed under the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 (Note-1 below Rule 7). Note-1 (b) under Rule 7 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 prescribes the procedure to be followed in case of such of those Group D employees who do not possess the revised minimum qualifications for entry into PB-1. When an employee is already in the pre-revised scale of 2750-4400 (whether by promotion or by earning ACP) corresponding to the GP of 1800 in PB-1 (5200-20200), where is the need for upgradation or the question of re entry into PB-1? The instructions of your Department are not applicable to the employees who are already in PB-1.

Employees not possessing the revised minimum qualifications for placement in PB-1 are to be retrained. The training curriculum will be designed by the individual departments as per the local requirement. There is no test prescribed for retraining. In our Department a woman sweeper (illiterate) who can not even affix her signature (only thumb impression) was retrained and placed in PB-1.

R K Rao
25-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Dear Friend,

Vide O.M. dated 24.12.2008, all existing Group D employees are required to be upgraded to the pre-revised Group C Scale of 2750-4400 corresponding to the grade pay of 1800 in PB-1 (5200-20200) in the manner prescribed under the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 (Note-1 below Rule 7). Note-1 (b) under Rule 7 of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008 prescribes the procedure to be followed in case of such of those Group D employees who do not possess the revised minimum qualifications for entry into PB-1. When an employee is already in the pre-revised scale of 2750-4400 (whether by promotion or by earning ACP) corresponding to the GP of 1800 in PB-1 (5200-20200), where is the need for upgradation or the question of re entry into PB-1? The instructions of your Department are not applicable to the employees who are already in PB-1.

Employees not possessing the revised minimum qualifications for placement in PB-1 are to be retrained. The training curriculum will be designed by the individual departments as per the local requirement. There is no test prescribed for retraining. In our Department a woman sweeper (illiterate) who can not even affix her signature (only thumb impression) was retrained and placed in PB-1.

================================================== ======
Dear Mr. Sankar and Mr. Venkatam Sirs,

Firstly thank you for your illustrative replies.

Secondly, sorry for the delay in thanking.

Now, Clear cut syllabus for the retraining to be undergone by the Group D employees not possessing requisite qualifications for placement in PB-1 has been developed by my department (HQ at Delhi in consultaion with a major Sister-Establishment) and it has categorically been spelt out that at the end of the training period (time-bound), a test will be held and only after passing the test, the individual will be placed in PB-1. It is at the end of this test and after seeing the results and interviewing the lady (forget about the need to pass the test, she does not even understand the importance of getting a higher grade pay ), that we wrote to HQ explaining the ground facts. To this , the HQ has (again categorically) intimated that unless an individual passess the stipulated trade test, he/she can not be placed in PB-1. She is the only one individual in my Estt (with a manpowr of 150) who is yet to be placed in PB-1.

[p.s. about forming the syllabus, it is intimated that the HQ has formulated the common syllabus for all the establishments of the department, across the country exept that one part has been left to the HOEs to formulate, keeping in view the nature of functions in that particular Estt).

While the case of the other person is understood- (and will be tackled accordingly), we will again take up the matter regarding this lady with HQ and try to solve the impasse].

[copy of the OMdt 24.12.08does not appear to have been received in my office- Can I get the link address ]

THank you once again, Sirs.

tvenkatam
25-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Dear Mr. Rao,

Following is the link for the order dated 24.12.2008

http://www.persmin.nic.in/writedata/CircularNotification/ScanDocument/1_1_2008-IC.pdf

R K Rao
25-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Thanks again.

RKR

naukar
26-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Dear Rao ji,

The employees are to be trained only. There is no provision to assess them like conduct of test and passing the same. It is sheer harassment to the lady. Either she or some other Group D employees should question the department for such instructions.

svsankar
26-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Dear Raoji,
Ask her to file an RTI application first to the CPIO of DOPT asking whether a test of pass is prescribed on the training programme for group D placement.
regards,
svsankar.

R K Rao
26-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Dear Sirs,

It is really nice of you. I shall take up the matter with the department, accordingly.

Thanks again.

RKR

svsankar
27-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Dear Sirs,

It is really nice of you. I shall take up the matter with the department, accordingly.

Thanks again.

RKR

Dear Mr Rao,
Are you in DGQA or related department. Because the same is happening in our department also viz. DGQA. One of our employee is also a victim of this sort of testing. In case you receive any reply do post it in discussion forum.
regards,
svsankar.