PDA

View Full Version : eligibility of hra in couple case

devsingla123
29-12-2009, 12:33 PM
hello friends, i am working in health department in haryana and currently posted at panchkula while my wife is working in pgi (autonomous body) at chandigarh. the distance between our place of posting is about 12 k.m.(currently we are living at chandigarh).

i want to know that

1. is both of us can claim hra seprately ?

2. if not , then who can claim hra (me or my wife ) as i am getting rs.1800 while my wife is getting around rs 4000 ?

additionaly i want to know that is their no reservation in allotment of govt. quaters for employees belonging to OBC category ?
is they are consider as gerneral category employees ?

rajanch
29-12-2009, 04:29 PM
As far as I know,

you both can claim HRA. Only problem is that when you are using govt accommodation of any one of you, then both will not get the HRA. If you are not staying in govt accommodation both are eligible. If you are in rental accommodation, then any one of you are only eligible to take the Rebate of incometax.

I am getting, myself and wife is working in centaral govt, and we are staying in my own house, and we both are getting HRA.

tvenkatam
29-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Dear Friend,

To add to the above, there is no quota or preferential allotment to BC/OBC employees in the allotment rules for accommodation.

R K Rao
29-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Dear Friend,

As our other friends have pointed out already, you can get HRA for both husband and wife. I and my wife are in the same office and we both get HRA.

This has clearly been indicated in Swamy's HRA and CCA etc.

Rgds

RKR

sa8298
03-02-2010, 03:46 PM
As I am getting, both of you can get HRA as said by our friends. The only difference will occur incase of government quarters. The government servant who stays in government accommodatiokn will not get HRA. This imlplies, if you or your wife get government quarters and both of you are staying in the government quarters, both of you will not get HRA, implying that the government whose spouse has got a quarter and the govt. employee stays inthat quarter will become ineligible for HRA although license fee is to be paid by one only.

jaleelethiyil
19-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Dear sir,
As per present rule those govt employees whose spouse is working in same station and provided accomodation will not get HRA irrespective of both are residing in same quarter or not.
But as per new income tax rule accomodation provided by PSUs are treated in par with private sector which comes under perks and liable to pay income tax which is a big amount.Same time depriving HRA to spouse who is working in govt sector.This rule is contradictory.
If the allotee of accomodation is transfered to another station,wheather his/her spouse can continue in this quarter or not.
Learned persons please clarify this.

RKPATHAK
19-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Hra zis admissible to both husband and wife if no govt accomodation has been provided at the place of posting(.) place of posting mean same city or distance between two places less than 20 kms

Alok Kumar Bansal
19-10-2011, 08:19 PM
Hello Friends,
Me and My Wife both are in Education deptt. Haryana and on same post in the same school and not getting the any government accomodation . I want to know that are we both eligible to get HRA ? Please answer me as soon as possible and also tell me any reference where I can get official confirmation.

Thanx and with regards.
A. K. Bansal

Victor
19-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Hello Friends,
Me and My Wife both are in Education deptt. Haryana and on same post in the same school and not getting the any government accomodation . I want to know that are we both eligible to get HRA ? Please answer me as soon as possible and also tell me any reference where I can get official confirmation.

Thanx and with regards.
A. K. Bansal

As per Central Govt. rules there is NO restriction to draw HRA by both husband and wife, if govt. accommodation is not alloted. However, you may have to check State Govt. rules.

Victor

prasannakumar
20-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello Friends,

Thanx and with regards.
A. K. Bansal

It depends on the rules governing the in concerned state departments. In Central Govt. depts. both are eligible

Prasanna Kumar

rsk11584
24-11-2011, 09:43 AM
We have one employee whose husband works in IIT Madras and is getting accomodation / quarters and she is getting HRA in our organisation ( an autonomous body) . Do we need to stop her HRA and reverse the given HRA? Kindly advise.

Also one thinking why there is no HRA only in case of govt accomodation and nothing is mentioned if one spouse is working in PVT CO and might be getting big bunglow from company.

Victor
25-11-2011, 09:47 AM
We have one employee whose husband works in IIT Madras and is getting accomodation / quarters and she is getting HRA in our organisation ( an autonomous body) . Do we need to stop her HRA and reverse the given HRA? Kindly advise.

Also one thinking why there is no HRA only in case of govt accomodation and nothing is mentioned if one spouse is working in PVT CO and might be getting big bunglow from company.

In such cases HRA will NOT be admissible.

Victor