PDA

View Full Version : Rti on-line certificate course

narayanan
28-12-2009, 11:35 PM
DEAR FRIENDS,

DOPT SPONSORED RTI ON-LINE CERTIFICATE COURSE IS BEING CONDUCTED BY CENTRE FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE, HYDERABAD - 15 DAYS DURATION -

GOOD COURSE - I ATTENDED - JUST COMPLETED THE EXAMINATION -

YOU CAN DO THE COURSE WITHOUT GOING ANY WHERE. SPARE ONE OR TWO HOURS FOR 15 DAYS.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN TILL 30.12.2009. HURRY UP

PLEASE SEE THE LINK

http://rtiocc.cgg.gov.in/login.do;jsessionid=D8961B96CAD20EE8197BE248C9A8AE 5E

WITH REGARDS

NARAYANAN

svsankar
29-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Thank you very much for the information Sir and the link provided.
regards from
svsankar.

R K Rao
30-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Shri Narayanan Sir,

Thank you for the info. The initial screen for registering asks for information on office and department. Should I take permission from office to join the course? As you have pointed out tomorrow is the last date (and I just read your post on this) and I am on leave for a couple of days (year-end).

Is there any likelyhood of extension of date?

Rgds

RKR

R K Rao
31-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Shri Narayanan Sir,

Thank you for the info. The initial screen for registering asks for information on office and department. Should I take permission from office to join the course? As you have pointed out tomorrow is the last date (and I just read your post on this) and I am on leave for a couple of days (year-end).

Is there any likelyhood of extension of date?

Rgds

RKR

Although I did not get any reply for the above query, I have joined the course and I thank Narayanan Sir.

RKR

R K Rao
31-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Somebody there,

Further to my earlier posts on RTI certificate, please let me know whether the course is free or there is a fee. Without knowing this I have registered myself. If there is fee, how much is it?

Thanks

RKR

SUMIT KUMAR
01-01-2010, 03:08 PM
There is no fee for the course.

R K Rao
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Thank you Mr. Sumit Kumar.

Rgds

RKR:)

narayanan
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Dear friends,

I was on pilgrimage to Sabarimala Temple, I was away from my station. Just now only I reached. God bless you all.

As Mr Sumit Kr said, no fee is required to be paid. The course is sponsored by DOPT as part of educating all on RTI Act as envisaged in the Act itself. Therefore, it cannot be treated as a regular course which requires permission from the Head of the Deptt. However, if you login the course during office hours taking permission is better. After all, no one will disciplinary action for taking such course. At the most you can opt not to intimate the department. At present no promotion or increment is likely to get on the basis of the certificate.

regards,

Narayanan.

svsankar
03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Dear Mr Rao,
You can just give an information in writing even tomorrow confirming your selection for the online course. It is not mandatory, if you are not going to record it in your service records.
regards,
svsankar.

R K Rao
03-01-2010, 10:24 PM
To all

Firstly thank you for the kind advice/ guidance.

Secondly, I have verbally informed the concerned officer (who looks after the RTI queries)

Lastly, I think I will put a line in writing also tomorrow.

Rgds

RKR

R K Rao
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Friends & Seniors,

As advised, I have intimated my office (and permitted) about joining the cert course on RTI. The course, the forum of discussion are very good. I found a large number of Govt. officials have joined. So far 8 batches have been conducted ( I am in batch 8).

In one of my postings there on the discussion board, I have mentoned (rather thanked) the GConnect for intimating about the course.

What I feel is that the intimation about this (and such) courses may be posted on the Home Page of GConnect like other messages are displayed. So that immediately a person's attention would go there and he can benefit from such information.

Regards

RKR

ramanrao60
08-01-2010, 12:50 PM
tried to regr for this course but the form cant be submitted even when we click submit button after completing
is it open for registration now?

Anthony
08-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Dear Friend,

I Have just registered and an email was sent to me and I had confirmed and has been registered.

Anthony

Anthony
15-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Dear Mr.Narayanan,

I have applied for the RTI online course. I want to know whether we should be online when the course starts. I want to know whether we should apply leave if we want to do the course from Home. Will the course material be sent to us through email.

Anthony

narayanan
15-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Dear Mr.Narayanan,

I have applied for the RTI online course. I want to know whether we should be online when the course starts. I want to know whether we should apply leave if we want to do the course from Home. Will the course material be sent to us through email.

Anthony

Dear Mr Anthony,

I appreciate your interest in RTI matters and joining the course. The course is for 15 days out which 12 days to go through the chapters which are available online when you login to the course. You can take the course at any time round the clock. If you sit for 2 hours a day at night will be sufficient to go through the chapters with participation in discussion also. No need of taking leave. Course materials will be available online and you can down load it also to keep a copy of it.

The remaining 3 days is for online examination which you can complete in one sitting or multiple sitting.

I refrain from disclosing more on the course for the sake of keeping your curiosity on till the starting of the course.

With best wishes,

Narayanan

Anthony
15-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Dear Mr.Narayanan,

Thank you very much for your encouragement. I hope to complete the course, which might be helpful to the benefit of others.

Anthony

R K Rao
17-01-2010, 01:33 PM
DEAR FRIENDS,

DOPT SPONSORED RTI ON-LINE CERTIFICATE COURSE IS BEING CONDUCTED BY CENTRE FOR GOOD GOVERNANCE, HYDERABAD - 15 DAYS DURATION -

GOOD COURSE - I ATTENDED - JUST COMPLETED THE EXAMINATION -

YOU CAN DO THE COURSE WITHOUT GOING ANY WHERE. SPARE ONE OR TWO HOURS FOR 15 DAYS.

REGISTRATION IS OPEN TILL 30.12.2009. HURRY UP

PLEASE SEE THE LINK

http://rtiocc.cgg.gov.in/login.do;jsessionid=D8961B96CAD20EE8197BE248C9A8AE 5E

WITH REGARDS

NARAYANAN

Dear Narayanan Sir,

On seeing your message above, I had joined the course (Commenced from 4.1.10) and I have just completed submitting the Exam. The last 12 days - browsing through the discussion forum of the course and learning new things and reading various reference material provided by them and taking quiz at the end of each chapter of the 4 modules and the exam itself - all were very pleasant and I did not come to know how the time passed. Each evening I was looking forward to opening the course (first my mails, then Gconnect discussion forum and then OCC forum, in that order). With the end of the course having given exam today, I shall miss something.

Thank you, Sir, for bringing it to our notice.

Regards.

RKR

R K Rao
21-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Dear Seniors and Friends,

On the advice of Shri Narayanan Sir, I had joined the subject course and appeared for exam. Today the I have received the result/ certificate through email.

I have passed the course exam in 'A' grade.

Thanks to one and all.

RK Rao

Anthony
21-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Dear Mr.Rao,

I had also joined the course, I want to prepare well for the exams, I have a doubt, Is the exam objective type or descriptive ?

Anthony

R K Rao
25-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Dear Mr.Rao,

I had also joined the course, I want to prepare well for the exams, I have a doubt, Is the exam objective type or descriptive ?

Anthony

Der Mr. Anthony,

Firstly my apologies for the delay (I some times lose track of the discussions and start searching when I remember).

Secondly, On the first twelve days of the course, there are four modules containing 12 chapters on RTC Act-2005 and its history. You are required to answer quiz at the end of each chapter to enable you to go to the next chapter. The Quiz is of OBJECTIVE TYPE.

The same is not the case with the examination. On the 13th day, two case studies will be given to you. Each case will have 2 questions. You are required to answer each question upto a maximum of in 150 words. A clock alongside the typing screen will show you the number of words left.

Now A few things to remember:

a) In between the course, a case study will be provided in the discussion board and you are asked to reply. You won't be told whether the same meets the requirement.

b) In addition to the course material, there are the RTI bare act, the reference materials including important decisions by the chief information commission (running into pages) and other references , links for which will be listed. There is also a discussion forum (which you can view only the following day, except last day). You can (will be better) take part and raise/ answer the queries/clarifications etc.

c) A word of caution - While I was sitting on the last day and going through the contents, I was logged out again and again (after 50 minutes each) saying that the login period is only 50 minutes. Also, I hurried through the discussion board of the last day on that day itself, since I won't have access to it from the following day. At about 2330 hrs., I rememberd and downloaded the case digest (important decisions of the CIC). Exactly at midnight I was logged out and when I re-logged in a few minutes later, every thing was shut off (no discussion forum, no case studies, no lessons, nothing).

d) Lastly, try to quote Rule Nos/ clauses etc., while justifying the answers. It gives a nice reading and may be a little more marks.

Wish you all the best for success in the exam.
(Sorry again for the delay).

[Those friends and Sirs who have attend the course may correct my above reply in case there is any difference).

R K Rao
25-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Dear Mr. Anthony,

Further to my earlier reply, it is for your informtion that while you are taking the exam, three screen (as is this screen while writing this) will appear. The top screen will contain the case study. The question and the reply screens will be underneath.

You may start writing whatever you, offhand, think correct/reply/decision and then SAVE them. Log out of it, if you want to go out or think or refresh your memory or study any notes you had made and come back and re-login and amend/edit/continue. This way you can do as many number of times as is required by you . But once you finally press the SUBMIT button, you will be cut of from the OCC.

When you relogin and either want to further correct your reply or see if any fresh case is given (as I thought), the message will say, "you have completed your exam. "

OKay?

RKR

Anthony
25-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Dear Mr.Rao,

Thank you Mr. Rao. I have started preparing for the exams. Should I study the Bare Act fully (RTI) or will the modules offered in in the course is enough for the exam ?

Anthony

R K Rao
25-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Dear Mr.Rao,

Thank you Mr. Rao. I have started preparing for the exams. Should I study the Bare Act fully (RTI) or will the modules offered in in the course is enough for the exam ?

Anthony

Dear Mr. Anthony,

In my humble opinion, it will be better to read the bare act once fully (which is not a lot of time consuming job). But keep an eye for small exceptions and clauses mentioned in paras and sub-paras and end of the paras etc. etc (You know the Govt. orders..).

Download the RTI bare act, keep it handy and just run through once after you have seen the questions.

Rgds

RKR

Anthony
26-01-2010, 06:57 AM
Dear Mr. Rao,

Thanks once again. Will meet you after I complete my exams.

Warm Regards

Anthony

ramanrao60
27-01-2010, 12:34 PM
dear all
i registered and got a confirmatory mail
it was mentioned that my user id and pass word for log in will be sent to my email id
more than a week is over but no further information is forthcoming
need i wait or fallow up?

R K Rao
27-01-2010, 06:46 PM
dear all
i registered and got a confirmatory mail
it was mentioned that my user id and pass word for log in will be sent to my email id
more than a week is over but no further information is forthcoming
need i wait or fallow up?

Dear Mr. Ramanrao,

It is not known when you got the confirmatory message about your admission. In my case, I got the message on 31 Dec 09 and got the email on 01 Jan 10.

It is better you write immediately to occhelp disk. the email address is [email protected]

Please let us know when you receive your ID.

Regards

ramanrao60
28-01-2010, 11:00 AM
i got the mail on 9 jan 2010
may be i am earmarked for the next batch
let me wait and see

R K Rao
28-01-2010, 08:08 PM
i got the mail on 9 jan 2010
may be i am earmarked for the next batch
let me wait and see

Dear Mr. Rao,

They generally advise you to check up the spam and trash folders also. Please do if you have not done. Also, why not send a one line request and get your assumption confirmed (that you may in in the next batch).

Regards

RKR

R K Rao
30-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Dear Mr. Raman Rao,

What is the status now? Did you get your ID? They generally mention name and state in the list of the candidates in each batch. Let me know from which state/Place you are ( like I am from Mumbai).

I will check in the list of batch IX displayed.

Rgds

RKR

ramanrao60
30-01-2010, 12:59 PM
dear rao garu

i have indicated residing place as chennai tamil nadu
rgrds

R K Rao
30-01-2010, 10:31 PM
dear rao garu

i have indicated residing place as chennai tamil nadu
rgrds

Dear Mr. Raman Rao,

No. Your name is not listed in the Batch IX.

(In a lighter vein, I am not from Andhra and therefore not raogaru. I belong to Tamil Nadu. - In a lighter vein please).

Regards

RKR

ramanrao60
01-02-2010, 02:43 PM
dear rao ji

as you may be aware telugu garu = ji in hindi

i meant to be respectful

i hope i am not misunderstood in any way

rgrds

R K Rao
01-02-2010, 07:28 PM
dear rao ji

as you may be aware telugu garu = ji in hindi

i meant to be respectful

i hope i am not misunderstood in any way

rgrds

Dear Mr. Raman Rao,

By God's grace I know all the three languages Tamil, Telugu and Kannada (and to some extant Malayalam) and ofcourse being in Mumbai I know Marathi, Hindi and a bit of English (Sorry for blowing own trumphet although that is not the intention at all).

I was just joking with you. Thank you for the respect and also I am sorry for causing you to feel sorry. I have not at all misunderstood and you too should not. Like I said, I was just joking (in a lighter vein). Thanks and regards

RKR

ramanrao60
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
rao ji

first the main point i have been enrolled for the batch starting on 03-02-2010

its nice to know that you know so many languages and also have a wonderful sense of humor

i wish you well

rgrds

R K Rao
02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Dear Mr. Raman Rao,

Thank you for the information. Wish you all the best in the forthcoming course and exam.

Is the admission still open? Because my officer, on hearing about my having compelted the course, wants to join and do it.

Regards

RKR

narayanan
02-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Dear Shri Raoji,

The registration of RTI Online Certificate Course is open at present. Please advise your officer accordingly.

with regards

narayanan

R K Rao
03-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Sir,

Thank you. I shall intimate the same to my officer.

Regards

RKR

Anthony
03-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Dear Mr.Narayanan and Mr.R.K Rao,

Thanks for both of you for guiding me in finishing the RTI course, I finished the course and got my certificate today. Thanks once again.

Anthony

R K Rao
04-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Dear Mr.Narayanan and Mr.R.K Rao,

Thanks for both of you for guiding me in finishing the RTI course, I finished the course and got my certificate today. Thanks once again.

Anthony

Mr Anthony,

Nice to know the results. Congrats. Let's hope we get some more such courses in the future also. In case any one comes across any such thing, kindly let us know through this forum.

Like you said, my thanks also goes to Mr. Narayanan Sir.

Regards

RKR

narayanan
04-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Dear Shri RKR and Shri Anthony,

I am very happy that you have undergone the RTI course and an enlightenement without without incurring any expenditure. I hope more members will register for the course which is open at present.

I remember a quote of Galileo Galilei....

“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.”

Yes.... We have to understand so many truths..

Therefore.... we have to discover the truths...

How ? .... By exercising our RIGHT TO INFORMATION ?

Then.........What is RIGHT TO INFORMATION ?

............Learn about RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005

Regards,

Narayanan