+ Reply to Thread

Thread: interest after two years for GPF final payment

Junior Member darliantony is on a distinguished road

Smile interest after two years for GPF final payment

Sir,

I have served in a paramilitary Force under MHA for 20 years from 03.09.1992 to 09.10.2012(AN) and joined central Govt. autonomous institution on 10.10.2012(FN) on technical resignation with lien. I have applied for the post in the autonomous institution through proper channel and with proper permission. While relieving me, my parent office told me to apply for pensionary benefits only after confirmation in the new post/office. Head of Office has also issued a letter to this effect on 08.11.2012. hence, on confirmation, I requested to release my pensionary benefits. My previous head of Office forwarded my request to the Head of Department through proper channel. Finally, on 12.5.2014, a communication was received conveying sanction of the President for the permanent absorption and grant of permission for pro-rata pensionary benefits as per rules CCS pension rules, 1972. immediately on receipt of this communication, I have requested to settle my pensionary benefits including GPF final payment. But I have received application form from HOO of parent organization only in Sept. 2014. The filled in application form submitted to HOO in Sept.,2014 which was forwarded to RPAO Chennai by HOO through proper channel.

Finally I have received final payment of GPF at my credit, in November, 2014. But interest for GPF for two years was not given to me. Interest up to Sept.,2012 was only paid to me. It is a very huge loss to me as my credit in the a/c was ten lakhs. Since the delay is not directly attributable to me, I have requested to grant me interest for these two years as I was allowed to apply for GPF only after approval from HQrs/HOD. otherwise I would have applied earlier.

Please clarify, whether I am eligible for the GPF interest for these period?

Thanks for your reply,
    Darli

Senior Member soodeep is on a distinguished road

I am trying to answer your problem. I have not found any order in regard to this. However, your parent office may disburse GPF dues till the date of technical resignation. Though no specific order was there but I can give you one judgement of Principal Bench, CAT, which may help you. U can check it in http://indiankanoon.org/doc/78226782/ (Central Administrative Tribunal - Delhi
    Pakaj Gupta vs Director General on 30 January, 2013)

soodeep

Junior Member darliantony is on a distinguished road

Default interest after two years for GPF final payment

Quote Originally Posted by soodeep View Post
    I am trying to answer your problem. I have not found any order in regard to this. However, your parent office may disburse GPF dues till the date of technical resignation. Though no specific order was there but I can give you one judgement of Principal Bench, CAT, which may help you. U can check it in http://indiankanoon.org/doc/78226782/ (Central Administrative Tribunal - Delhi
    Pakaj Gupta vs Director General on 30 January, 2013)

soodeep

Thank you very much sir. As I already mentioned , the GPF final payment till the date of tech. resignation has been received. But it is received only after 2 years. I have gone through the CAT judgment also wherein, the respondents was directed to pay interest @6%. Pls. clarify whether both the respondents would pay interest @ 6%, altogether 12%?

regards,
    Darli
    Last edited by darliantony; 16-02-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Senior Member Victor is on a distinguished road

Please refer to first proviso to Rule 11(4) of GPF Rules, 1960 (http://persmin.nic.in/pension/rules_...960_230913.pdf) which reads as under:

"Provided that where the Accounts Officer has intimated to that person (or his agent) a date on which he is prepared to make payment in cash, or has posted a cheque in payment to that person, interest shall be payable only up to the end of the month preceding the date so intimated, or the date of posting the cheque, as the case may be:"

In my view you are entitled to interest up to October 2014.

Victor

+ Reply to Thread