+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Delayed holding of DPCs by the Govt. is resulting in financcial loss to retirees

Senior Member Gopal Krishan is on a distinguished road

Respected VN Sahib,
    As rightly observed by you it would not be possible for others to build up their cases meticulously. However, generally speaking despite strict instructions issued from time to time by the Government of India in the DOPT about timely holding of DPC meetings, various Ministries/Departments, in violation of the same, delayed holding of DPCs in time. On the other hand these Ministries/Departments meticulously followed the illogical/irrational/illegal policy of the DOPT laying down that retirees are required to be considered at the relevant time when they were due for such consideration while in service and included in the select list if found suitable. These instructions, by implication, also lay down that those included would have no right to notional pensionery benefits without assuming charge of the higher post. The same deprived the concerned of timely promotion and also of pensionery benefits. These instructions about notional pensionery benefits is being reviewed by the DOPT.
    As pointed out by you it is absurd to link up your case with the OA.
    With regards,
    Gopal Krishan

The Government in the DOPT is yet to take a final view in the matter. We met the
    Secretary, DOPT in the first week of November, 2016 in this regard.
    Gopal Krishan

All interested,
    After seeing that the Government is allowing things to drift, the huge number of pensioners are concerned with the matter and also various judgements in this regard, I still feel that there are good number of pensioners who are not aware about the adverse affect of the illegal policy of the Government. Many of them may not be clear as to what to do at this stage.
    I have some suggestion to make in this regard. All Pensioners' Associations must act fast and write about the grievances to Deptt of Personnel and Training, North Block, New Delhi immediately. They must help sufferer pensioners who may not know the situation.Loss per month is considerable and is getting compounded every month.
    Those who can must bring the grievance to the notice of the media so that the same could be high lighted.
    Many MANY very very senior citizens are feeling HARASSED and FRUSTRATED by the inaction on the part of the Government, in view of the fact that in August, 2015, the DOPT had decided to review their stand under which even notional pensionery benefits are not being allowed. Still final decision after the review is awaited by all those affected.
    Gopal Krishan

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

DOPT is more generous to protect the interest of those in service and the current retirees.

They took care to protect even the interest of POST 112006 PAY BAND SYSTEM RETIREES FOR REVISED PENSION ON LPD BASIS WHEREAS, FOR PRE 112006 it is at the SIXTH CPC MOD PARITY BASIS .HOPE U WILL BE FOLLOWING UP THE DOPT FILES ON THE DELAYED DPC ISSUE.

MEANWHILE, OUR OA ON HIGH GR PENSION HAS THE NDH In first week of APRIL 2017.

vnatarajan
    Last edited by vnatarajan; 28-02-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks a lot VN Sir. Of course we are pursuing the matter with the DOPT. One of our friends has requested for inspection of the file to see the action taken after the decision taken by the DOPT to review their earlier policy referred to in my post No. 81 laying down that no benefits to the retirees even if their names are included in the select list(s). In one of the cases the CIC directed the CPIO/Under Secretary concerned to allow inspection of the file to me. Unfortunately the file has not come down to the CPIO for the last more than about six months as such it has not been possible for him to invite us for inspection of the file. He has assured that as soon as the file comes back to him he would inform us for inspection.
    Sir, if it possible for you or your friends, who are also affected by the policy referred to above, to write to the Secretary, DOPT for expediting a decision in the matter, please do that .
    With regards
    Gopal Krishan

Reference my post No. 78.
    It is now informally understood that the file has been referred to Department of Expenditure by the DOPT although that was not necessary as the consolidated policy guidelines framed by the DOPT relating to holding of DPCs were issued after consulting that Department also and those instructions did not put any bar on (i)considering the retirees at the relevant time when they were due for such consideration, while in service and (ii) giving them notional promotion and pensionery benefits. It is also understood that a view has been expressed while processing the matter that decision, when taken, in this regard would be made applicable from a prospective date.
    As such I would request Shri VN Sir for writing to the Secretary, Expenditure in this regard on behalf of the Forum he is heading.
    Gopal Krishan

Senior Member vnatarajan is on a distinguished road

Thanks Shri GK sir.
    As I would like to issue it from PENSIONERS' FORUM , CHENNAI ( afgltd to AIFPA, CHENNAI ) , CAN I request Shri GK JI TO EML me a draft appeal with whatever references are to be cited, to make it an effective one, to my EML I'd.
    I SHALL DULY SEND THE APPEAL.
    SHRI GK ALSO MAY HELP IN PURSUING THE APPEAL AT DELHI.
    Thankd
    vnatarajan

Respected VN Sir,
    It would be my pleasure to send you a draft appeal to the Finance Secretary. I would do that in a day or two. Of course the same would be based on facts of the case.
    Incidentally, kindly indicate the latest about your case referred to in your post No. 80.
    With regards,
    GK

I have already sent a draft to Sh VN Sir. In the meantime DOE has sent their comments to DOPT stating that the DPC matter is for them to decide in the light of the comments received from DPPW and DOLA. Now it is for DOPT to take a call. We have to put pressure on DOPT to expedite a decision.
    The Department of Expenditure in their note referred to the proposal of DOPT for extending the benefit of notional promotion from the date of vacancy to both serving as well as the retired employees.
    Gopal Krishan
    Last edited by Gopal Krishan; 06-07-2017 at 02:20 PM.

It is likely that the decision for extending the benefit of notional promotion from the date of vacancy to both serving as well as the retired employees would be applicable from a prospective date. All concerned may note.
    Gopal Krishan

It is likely that a decision when taken may be applicable to only those who suffer in future. This may be noted.
    Gopal Krishan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5