+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Joining time

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Default Joining time

Dear G-connecotrs,

I was recently transferred an office having 18 km from my previous place of working. My office has granted me joining time of only 1 day probablly for the reason that officials transferred within a radius of 20 km are not eligible for joining time. But the same office has granted 10 days joining time to an officer who as transferred to an office 12 km away. The officer's unuvailed portion of joining time was credited to the EL account for the reason that the "Swamy's Handbook" says that officials are eligible for joining time of 10 days when transferred to an office upto a distance of 1,000 km and there is no mention of declaining this for a transfer up to 20 km.

I would be much obliged if any G-connector could clarify in which instance the the decision of the office is correct.

Regards
    Prasanna Kumar

Senior Member RKPATHAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Joining time

Transfer within a radius of 20 kms is considered as local transfer as such joining time of one day is admissible

Senior Member prasannakumar is on a distinguished road

Sir,
    On enquiry with some of the CG departments, it is understood that, when change of residence is involved on transfer to other stations, irrespective of the distance a minimum joining time of 10 days is eligible for a transfer within 1000 Km.

Which is correct? Can anybody clarify?

Prasanna Kumar

Junior Member Sojan is on a distinguished road

What about above 20 kms but less than 200 kms. Please reply as in my case the Centralized Public Grievances Redress and Monitoring system has replied the following for my grievances
    Current Status : CASE CLOSED
    Date of Action : 01 Jun 2017
    Details : Joining Time admissible where the transfer necessarily admissible involves continuous travel by road for more than 200 kms. The driving distance between Vadodara and Ahmedabad is 114 km which is less than 200 kms. Hence you are not entitled to avail joining time. The case may be treated as closed.

+ Reply to Thread